CityCoins
Search…
Supporting CityCoins
Interacting with the CityCoins protocol.

CityCoins Contracts

Each CityCoin is defined by a set of contracts for that city, including core, token, and auth.
The Contracts page lists the currently deployed CityCoins contracts with links to their on-chain source.
The GitHub repo is where the contracts are stored and updated before deployment.

SIP-010 Standard

Clarity, has built-in language primitives to define and use fungible tokens. Although those primitives exists, there is value in defining a common interface (known in Clarity as a "trait") that allows different smart contracts to interoperate with fungible token contracts in a reusable way. This SIP defines that trait.
SIP-010 includes function definitions for:
  • transfer
  • name (human-readable)
  • symbol (ticker)
  • decimals (CityCoins have 0)
  • balance
  • total supply
  • token URI (externally hosted metadata)

Send-Many Function

In addition to SIP-010, all CityCoins token contracts implement an additional citycoin-token trait that defines:
  • activation
  • set token URI
  • mint
  • burn
  • send-many
The send-many function allows for sending to a list of up to 200 recipients in a single transaction.
The list must contain at least one entry with the following values:
  • to: principal
  • amount: uint
  • memo: optional buff 34

Token Metadata

Metadata for CityCoins are stored in a CDN available at https://cdn.citycoins.co.
1
{
2
"name": "MiamiCoin",
3
"description": "A CityCoin for Miami, ticker is MIA, Stack it to earn Stacks (STX)",
4
"image": "https://cdn.citycoins.co/logos/miamicoin.png"
5
}
Copied!

Brand Resources

More information on brand assets and guidelines for CityCoins can be found in the CityCoins Resources section.

Stacking CityCoins

CityCoins follow a similar protocol to Stacking STX with a few key differences.
In the Stacks blockchain, 100% of what Stacks miners spend in BTC is transferred to Stackers.
In the CityCoins protocol, 30% of what CityCoin miners spend in STX is transferred to the custodied city wallet, and the remaining 70% is transferred to Stackers.
  • Stacked CityCoins are transferred to the contract for the duration of the cycles
    • STX rewards for each cycle can be claimed after the cycle ends
    • Stacked CityCoins can be reclaimed after the final cycle ends
  • Stacking rewards are distributed proportionately to the amount stacked, not in reward slots
  • Reward cycles are also 2,100 Stacks blocks in length, but the maximum is 32 cycles
Additional common questions and answers can be found in the Stacking Documentation.
Last modified 1mo ago